This year we’re inviting you to explore the towns and villages of Dacorum during the Heritage Open Days between 11 and 20 September and get creative with your cameras.
You’ll be able to rediscover the hidden nature in the built heritage of Dacorum through the art of photography, seeking out nature-inspired designs all around you. These could be decorative details or whole buildings, including our schools, workplaces, homes, shops and community spaces.
Please send us your hidden nature images If you’d like the chance to see your entries featured on social media, on our website or in an exhibition.
How to enter:
- Explore your Dacorum and snap some images of nature-inspired architecture. These can be close-up details or whole buildings, it’s your choice!
- Send digital images (best quality you can manage) to us at email@example.com with ‘Capturing Nature’ in the subject line of the email
- Please include your name, the town or village you live in as well as the story behind your picture, where it is and why you chose it – the more historical facts the better!
- If you can, please post your images on your social media accounts using the hashtag #capturingnatureindacorum and tag us on Twitter: @dacorumheritage, Facebook: @DacorumHeritage Trust and Instagram: @dacorumheritagetrust
You can also tag Heritage Open Days by using the hashtag #heritageopendays and tagging them on all social media with @heritageopendays
Important things to think about before you get started:
- If you’re under 16 please make sure you’re accompanied by an adult
- Please ensure you follow government COVID-19 guidance
- Please ask permission if you’re taking images of people’s houses or the inside of anyone else’s property